Royal Caribbean International is at it again. The cruise line on April 16th released some of the new innovative feature of their new ship, Quantum of the Seas, set to launch in November of 2014. She will sail out of the New York Harbor from her homeport of Cape Liberty on 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 season. If some of these new features don’t make you say wow, then it must take a lot to impress you.
“This new generation of ships gave us an opportunity to make another leap in vessel design. Innovation has always been part of our DNA and we have taken advantage of all that creativity to design Quantum cruising,” stated Richard D. Fain, chairman & CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Innovations were plentiful on the company’s Oasis class ships. From balcony stateroom on the inside of the ship, to the 7 different “neighborhoods”, to the zip line on board the ship, they had their work cut out for them to make a splash with their new class of ships.
Industry first on the Quantum of the Seas include:
- RipCord by iFly, the first skydiving experience at sea which allows everyone from first-time flyers to seasoned skydivers to enjoy the sheer thrill and exhilaration of skydiving in a safe, controlled, and simulated environment.
- North Star, an engineering marvel, takes guests to new heights – literally – with a jewel-shaped, glass capsule, transporting them on a spectacular journey more than 300 feet above the ocean and over the sides of the ship to deliver awe-inspiring 360-degree views.
- The largest indoor active space at sea, SeaPlex has new features that will impress guests of all ages. You can experience a circus school with flying trapeze, or play basketball on a full-size regulation basketball court. By night, the first-ever bumper car and roller skating offerings deliver fun and excitement. Guest can dance the night away to music provide by a DJ in a floating booth.
They didn’t stop here! They also gave the staterooms some of their innovating touches as well. These are just as exciting as the public space features.
- Virtual Balcony staterooms virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and exciting destinations.
- Family-Connected staterooms deliver more flexibility, using three different stateroom categories that connect to form a special layout that provides separate bedrooms and bathrooms for all. These accommodations allow families and groups of friends traveling together to enjoy the best of both worlds when it comes to together and alone time.
- With Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean introduces the largest variety of stateroom categories, including new Studio staterooms, some with balconies for single travelers, three Junior Suite categories and larger Loft Suites.
Don’t worry they are not getting rid of the popular thing you already see on their ships. Their venues and experiences popular with families such as the Rock Climbing Wall; FlowRider surf simulator; the award-winning Adventure Ocean children’s program; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; and the DreamWorks entertainment and events featuring the characters from animated movies: Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar; will all be back on Quantum class. They have also promised to keep the information on new and exciting features on the Quantum of the Seas coming. It’s going to be a fun few months.
To learn more about the Quantum of the Seas click here.
Author: Nathan Nehmer
Pictures and information courtesy of Royal Caribbean.