Woohoo! Marian, from The Travel Shop Girl blog, nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. This is a blogger’s way of saying “You’re one of my favorites! Good job!” (Liebster is German for “favorite”). Thank you Marian.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers.
- Include a link to the person who nominated you & let them know about your post
Here are the 11 facts about me. I hope these don’t bore you too much, since I am not the most interesting person in the world.
- I am a farm boy. I grew up on a family farm and still work on the farm. We grow vegetables to sell at the farmer’s markets in the Madison, WI area.
- I am married to a wonderful woman and have one daughter. As I am writing this, I literally have the phone next to me because my wife is due any day now with my second daughter.
- Even though I live in Wisconsin, I HATE cold weather!
- I love anything that has to do with the outdoors! I am not happy when I am trapped inside. This could be why I hate winter (refer to #3).
- I am really hard on cell phones! I used to have a tendency to run cell phones through the washing machine. I found out that a clean cell phone doesn’t work as well as it did before I washed it. Also if you refer to #1, I work in an environment that isn’t good for cell phones.
- I am a cheapskate! I am always looking for ways to save money. I like to call it being frugal.
- I am a “people watcher”. I like to sit back and watch the crazy things people do.
- I love to play poker. I have always loved math that I can do in my head and making my mind work in everyday life. Some of this may have to do with fact #7 as well.
- If you follow me on Twitter, you may know I tweet a lot about rum. While I do like rum, I rarely drink anymore. When I was younger, drinking got me into a little bit of trouble and I realized that the trouble wasn’t worth the fun.
10. I am captivated by the water. From the ocean to the smaller lakes around here, I love anything that has to do with the water.
11. I like to figure out how things work. If I can, I like to tear things apart just to see what makes them work.
The 11 questions asked of me by Marian
1. Favorite mode of transportation: Airplane, train, ship, boat, car, or something else?
This is a hard one. While I hate the whole logistics of air travel, the places I like to travel to, are accessed the easiest by flying.
2. If you could pick anywhere in the world to live for the next few years, where would it be and why?
This one is really easy for me. Those who know me know I am absolutely in love with Hawaii.
The one thing that I am really looking forward to is the Cruise Family Reunion. We are cruising with a group of cruise experts/bloggers on the Norwegian Sky this July. We would love all of you who are reading this to come along with us on this fun-filled trip. Visit www.cruisefamilyreunion.com for more details on this event of the year.
4. What’s your favorite travel app?
The one app that you HAVE to have on your phone if you like to cruise is ShipMateApp. This app has everything you want to know about cruising.
5. Do you prefer snowy destinations or warm weather destinations and why?
Warm weather destination is my choice. Refer to the #3 fact about me above.
6. How many languages can you speak?
7. Would you rather fly Business or First class and spend less on your hotel or resort or fly Economy class and spend more on your hotel or resort?
Save the money on economy and spend it on the resort. You spend more time at the resort so why not splurge on it.
8. Do you generally pack your bags for a trip well in advance or right before you leave?
Right before I leave. I am a procrastinator like that!
9. Best cruise advice for your readers?
Just go and have fun! You are going on vacation to relax so go and have a good time.
10. Have you ever traveled somewhere that thought felt like “home” more than home did?
Yes, in Hawaii. I feel so at ease in Hawaii and would love to make that home.
11. Are you an early riser or do you prefer to stay up late?
I am an early riser. With a kid I like to get up early and get stuff done before it gets hectic when everyone wakes up.
Now the questions for my nominees:
- When did the travel bug bite you?
- What destination have you travel to that you could travel to over and over again?
- What activity have you done on your travels that what out of your comfort zone?
- Name one thing that you hate about traveling. Why?
- What tops your travel bucket list? Why?
- What have you learned about yourself because of your travels?
- What foods have you ate during your travels that you never would have eaten at home?
- What advise would you give to others who want to become travel writers?
- What destination do you have no desire to travel to?
- What is the one thing you cannot travel without?
- If you could take a “travel newbie” with you, where would you take them?
Once again I would like to thank Marian for nominating me. It was a ton of fun! Now, here are my nominees. I hope you all take this on and have as much fun as me.
I am going to break the rules on the next few. They have more than 200 followers but I really like these blogs.